Grilled Coriander Prawns With Spicy Avocado Dip
This is a really quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for entertaining. Big, juicy prawns are marinated in a zingy sauce before being grilled and served with a delicious, spicy avocado puree.
2 limes, juiced and zested
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 kg large prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
Fresh sprigs coriander, for garnish
Spicy Avocado Dip
3 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, seeded and scooped out
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
3/4 cup sour cream
1 green chili, seeded and chopped
Salt, to taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, coriander, cumin and oil and whisk well.
2. Add the prawns and toss to coat. Do not marinate prawns longer than 5 minutes or the lime juice will begin cooking the prawns.
3. Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat.
4. Season the prawns with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through, making sure not to overcook.
5. Remove the cooked prawns from the grill and place on a serving platter, with a small serving bowl of the Spicy Avocado Dip. Garnish the prawns with fresh sprigs of coriander and serve.
6. To make the dip, add the avocado, lime juice, sour cream and green chili to a blender and puree until smooth, scraping the sides of the blender as needed. Season puree with salt to taste.
7. Place in a covered airtight container and refrigerate until serving.
What’s your favourite spring seafood dish?