Ham and eggs and Easter
March 8, 2002
In this frenetic age in which we live, we seldom have time to settle down and enjoy a scrumptious plate of bacon and eggs or ham and eggs.Over Easter we will have plenty of time with four blissful days off work. Bacon or ham and eggs are great for breakfast or brunch and make a delicious high tea meal in the evening. Here are two great ham and eggs recipes. Eggs Benedict is so decadent and the Leg Ham with the spicy Eggs has a nice twist.
Eggs Benedict with Ham
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
2 slices of bread
2 slices of leg or cameo ham
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup of butter
2 tsp lemon juice
- Cut the butter into thirds.
- Place egg yolks and 1/3 of the butter in top of a double boiler, and cook over hot, but not boiling water until butter melts, stirring quickly.
- Add the next 1/3 of the butter still stirring. The mixture will start to thicken, then add the last 1/3 of the butter.
- When the butter is melted remove the pan from the hot water, and stir quickly for about 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, a teaspoon at a time, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat again over hot water, stirring constantly. When heated remove immediately.
- Toast and butter bread, top with a slice of fried ham.
- Poach eggs and place on top of ham then top with Hollandaise sauce.