Healthy Christmas recipes
Coconut Mango Prawns
Serves 4 as a starter
500g (20) uncooked medium prawns
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tablespoon brown sugar
200mL nudie peach, pineapple, mango & coconut crushie
2 roma tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
50mL nudie peach, pineapple, mango & coconut crushie
1. Peel and devein prawns, leaving the tales on.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the coconut and brown, stirring constantly. Remove the coconut and set aside.
3. Return the pan to the heat and add the brown sugar and nudie and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is bubbling.
4. Add the prawns in one layer and cook, turning once, until they turn pink and are cooked.
5. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the coconut.
6. Serve prawns topped with the garnish.
Garnish: Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt to taste. Add the green onions and nudie. Stir to combine.
Wine suggestions from Winsor Dobbin
Mitchell 2005 Watervale Riesling – The Clare Valley is unmatched when it comes to quality dry rieslings at affordable prices and husband and wife team Andrew and Jane Mitchell produce one of the very best, vintage after vintage. This is a wonderfully minerally/slatey wine, bone dry with zesty lemon and lime flavours to the forefront with lovely acid on the finish. A wonderfully palate-refreshing partner for a Christmas seafood platter or barbecued prawns. About $20, but shop around.