Banana, Coconut And Goji Berry Bread
Goji berries are said to be one of the healthiest berries on the planet – rich in antioxidants which can help to protect the eyes, improve circulation, protect the liver and promote weight loss. This recipe combines these small gems along with a number of other beneficial ingredients including oats, flaxseeds and coconut oil. Served warm or cold, this bread won’t last long!
1/3 cup of rolled oats
1 tbsp flaxseeds
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/3 cup solidified coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup almond meal
2 tbsp goji berries
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius then grease and line the base of a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Combine three teaspoons of oats, two teaspoons of flaxseeds and one teaspoon of coconut sugar in a small bowl then set aside.
- Beat coconut oil and remaining sugar with an electric beater until pale and creamy.
- Beat in one egg and one tablespoon of the coconut flour then repeat with remaining eggs and coconut flour until combined.
- Add almond meal, goji berries, baking powder, cinnamon, banana, remaining oats and flaxseeds then stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf tin, smooth the surface, then sprinkle with the oat mixture that was set aside at the beginning.
- Bake for one hour or until firm then cool on a wire rack.
Image via taste.com.au