Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe
Looking for a healthier alternative to the classic pizza recipe? A cauliflower base is an ideal since it is a low carbohydrate alternative – great for those who wish to cut down on gluten or grain-based foods. Finish with your favourite toppings to make the pizza unique and tasty.
650g cauliflower (chopped)
2/3 cup finely grated parmesan
1/3 cup passata
1/3 cup green olives (pitted)
10 fresh thyme sprigs
- Chop up the cauliflower into fine pieces then pop into the food processor. This will help to break it down further and prepare it for the base.
- Place the cauliflower into a small bowl, then into the microwave for 8-10 minutes. Cover with a lid to avoid spills.
- Drain to remove any excess water, and then press down with a wooden spoon. Then combine the lightly whisked egg, and half of the parmesan cheese with the cauliflower.
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC (or 410ºF) and line a pizza tray with baking paper. This will avoid the chance of the base sticking to the tray. Then press the cauliflower mixture well onto the tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Finally spread the passata over the entire base, then sprinkle with your favourite choice of toppings. In this case the olives, chorizo, thyme and remaining ingredients before baking for another 7-10 minutes.
Recipe and image via Taste, The Vintage Mixer