Not only is this fresh pasta dish easy to recreate, but it will surely make for a filling dinner at the end of a long day at work. Throw in some avocado before serving for an extra bit of taste, since this will bring a twist of flavour to the classic BLT.
1 pound bacon (sliced)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 pound cherry tomatoes (cut in half if large)
1 pound penne pasta
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups fresh baby spinach
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat up a pan over medium heat and cook the diced bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and allow to cool down.
- Prepare the penne pasta, and put aside one cup of pasta water to create the sauce.
- Add the olive oil and sauté the tomatoes and garlic are they are soft.
- Drain the pasta, then combine the tomatoes, garlic, and baby spinach into the same pot.
- Stir well until the baby spinach begins to wilt, then add the Parmesan cheese before sprinkling over the bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe and Image via Number 2 Pencil.
Felicia is a Sydney local who first showed an interest in social media and public relations, before making the leap over to writing. She now spends her days writing about a number of topics including beauty tips and tricks and runs an online fashion blog in her spare time. Follow Felicia on Twitter.