Sometimes creating an extensive dinner from scratch isn’t an option if you’re running late from work, or simply can’t find the time. This quick fajita recipe is full of flavour, and will keep you feeling full and satisfied for the entire evening. Peppers and tomato are also the only vegetables in this recipe, but feel free to add an avocado filling or other seasonal vegetables into your own roll-up.
340g (12 ounces) beef/boneless chicken breast halves
4 whole wheat/spinach, or flour tortillas
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped green peppers
1/2 cup tomato
2 tablespoons Italian dressing
1/2 cup reduced-fat cheese
1/4 cup taco sauce (or tomato sauce)
1/4 cup light dairy sour cream
- Whether you’re trying out the fajitas with beef or chicken, start by chopping them into bite-sized pieces.
- Moving onto the tortillas; wrap them tightly in foil, then pop into an oven at 180ºC (or 350ºF) until crisp or golden brown.
- In the meantime, spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and add the meat, onion and sweet pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remember to keep stirring so the mixture doesn’t stick or burn to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat, drain well, then add the tomato and salad dressing.
- Finally remove the warm tortillas from the oven and wait 2 minutes until they cool. Then serve with cheese, salsa or even sour cream sauce for extra taste.
Recipe and Image via Recipe.com, Life Made Delicious