Banana, Apricot And Date Oat Bars Recipe
Ever thought you could bake something tasty without using butter, flour, sugar or eggs? Well here’s proof that you can. This simple oat bar recipe is healthy and nutritious, perfect for breakfast or a snack when you’re on the go. It’s great for kids’ lunchboxes too.
If you want to add more flavour then try substituting the dates and apricots for other fruits such as cranberries, raspberries or sultanas and for a treat try adding some chocolate chips in place of one of the fruits.
- Use very ripe bananas for plenty of flavour
- When you’re pressing the slice down into the pan, do it with force so the slice holds together when cooked.
3 large ripe bananas
3 cups rolled oats
¼ cup finely chopped dried dates
¼ cup finely chopped dried apricots
¼ cup slivered almonds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 16cm x 25.5cm slice pan then line with baking paper.
- Mash banana in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add oats, dates, apricots, almonds, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Mix well until combined then spoon into prepared pan.
- Using the back of a spoon press mixture down firmly and evenly into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool, cut into small bars then refrigerate.
Image via taste.com.au