Sick of boring baked fish, grilled fish or simply need to add more fish to your diet? Try this delicious recipe which is sure to impress.
Even though Blue Eye Trevalla is low in fat, it is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are great for helping to lower blood pressure. It’s also a great source of protein which helps with muscle function, helps with metabolism and can aid in weight loss – in every 100g of Blue Eye Trevalla there are just 120 calories. If you can’t find Blue Eye Trevalla in the shops, any other white flesh fish will work just as well.
½ cup multi-grain breadcrumbs
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Salt and pepper
1 tsp olive oil
4 thick Blue Eye Trevalla steaks (or similar)
Steamed green beans, boiled chat potatoes and lemon to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, lemon rind and salt and pepper together in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Drizzle mixture with oil and stir until breadcrumbs are coated in oil.
- Press the breadcrumb mixture on top of the four fish fillets, flesh side up, to form a topping.
- Place fish skin side down onto baking tray and spray with oil.
- Bake for fifteen minutes or until crumbs are golden and fish is cooked through.
- Serve with steamed beans, boiled potatoes and lemon.
Image via taste.com.au