If you’re looking for a meal you can prepare under 30 minutes and is healthy as well as flavoursome then take a look at this Asian inspired chicken and soba noodle salad. It’s low in fat, high in fibre, it tastes delicious and is super easy.
200g chicken breast fillets
180g soba noodles
200g snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
200g packet Japanese teriyaki tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
3 green shallots, thinly sliced
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
1 ½ tbsp Japanese rice wine
1 ½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
- Place chicken in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover, then bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low then simmer until cooked through. Remove from heat and shred chicken once cool enough.
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water according to instructions on the packet then add the snow peas for the last three minutes.
- Drain the noodles and snow peas then transfer to a bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Add the chicken, tofu, shallots and dressing to the noodle mixture then toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Image via taste.com.au