Breakfast is an important part of your day because you’re refuelling your body after an overnight fast. If you don’t eat breakfast you’re essentially running on empty and you’re more likely to be overweight, reaching for those high sugar snacks mid-morning.
Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet – they are packet full of nutrients that have been shown to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, help with brain function and help to reduce the risk of macular degeneration, so why not add them to your breakfast.
Try this simple and healthy recipe that will leave you feeling full for longer and ensure that you’re getting a boost of vitamins and minerals first thing in the morning.
175g bacon, rind off and diced
1/3 cup cottage cheese
¼ cup milk
¼ cup grated parmesan
¼ cup chives, chopped finely
3 Lebanese or mountain breads
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and lightly grease 9 holes of a muffin pan.
- Cook bacon in a small frying pan until brown then set aside.
- Cut 3 x 11cm rounds from each bread to make 9 rounds in total then ease into greased muffin pan holes.
- Whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, milk and parmesan.
- Sprinkle bacon on the base of each bread in the muffin pan then top with egg mixture and a tomato half.
- Bake for fifteen minutes or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle with chives to serve.
Image via taste.com.au