Here’s What Happened Behind The Scenes At The 2016 Emmy Awards Today
Getting pretty isn’t always pretty.
Few TV events have the ability to get us more excitable than the Emmys.
There’s something about all our fave TV actors mingling together in one glorious gaggle of celebrity tape, hairspray and dramatic orchestral play-off music that compels even the most non-pop culture-conforming of us to drop everything and frantically scroll through our news feeds to check out who’s wearing what.
But we all know those flawless red carpet looks take literally hours – and often whole teams of professionals – to pull off. So while it’s fun to ooh and aah over the final results, it’s even more entertaining (and reassuring) to take a peek behind the usually heavily-guarded velvet curtain of celeb dressing rooms and see the transformation from humble human to God-like glamazon. And thanks to Instagram, now we can. Here’s what our fave stars were doing behind the scenes of the 2016 Emmy Awards…
1. Heidi Klum’s prep wasn’t pretty.
2. Kristen Bell proved her glam routine’s equally as intensive as that of us mere mortals.
A photo posted by kristen bell (@kristenanniebell) on
3. Amy Schumer felt just as frumpy as we all do when we’re masking it up.
4. SNL‘s Aidy Bryant got a little help from the pros to polish up for the carpet.
A photo posted by aidybryant (@aidybryant) on
5. GOT‘s Maisy Williams eye makeup made us green with envy.
6. Emily Ratajkowski got a pat down to avoid any last minute dress mishaps.
September 18th, 2016: Emily Ratajkowski getting ready for the 68th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California. Dress: Zac Posen (@zacposen) Stylists: Mariel Haenn (@marielwashere) and Rob Zangardi (@robzangardi) Make Up: Hung Vanngo (@hungvanngo) with Lorac Cosmetics (@loraccosmetics) Hair Stylist: Christian Wood (@cwoodhair) with Überliss (@uberliss) 📷: Photo via @cmariton on Instagram. #EmilyRatajkowski #Emmy #EmmyAwards #Emmys2016 #ZacPosen #ZacPosenDress #LoracXHollywood #RandM
A photo posted by Emily Ratajkowski (@ratajkowskisource) on
7. Amy Poehler used the help of a glam team to get into gear for the big show.
8. Empire‘s Taraji Henson took her makeup game to a whole new level in prep for her award nomination.
A little sneak peak behind the #process of getting red carpet ready with #emmynominated actress and my sis and client @tarajiphenson stay tuned for the beauty breakdown after we hit the #redcarpet @dermaflash @katesomervilleskincare @maccosmetics @ashuntasheriffbeauty all had a hand in creating this flawless glowing skin look 💋💋💋
A video posted by Ashunta Sheriff (@ashuntasheriff) on
9. Felicity Huffman proved she needs caffeine as much as we do before she can get ready.
10. Better Call Saul‘s Rhea Seehorn carb-loaded before hitting the carpet.
10. …As did Julianne Hough. Girls after our own hearts…
Images via instagram.com.
Comment: Which celeb are you rooting for to win at the 2016 Emmy Awards?