Light, fluffy and literally oozing with flavour.
Did someone say, homemade lamingtons? Yes, they absolutely did! But the catch with these beauties is that they’re filled with a sweet, white-chocolate and cranberry ganache, meaning that every bite is like a party in your mouth.
250ml Ocean Spray Cranberry juice
150ml cranberry syrup
300g white cooking chocolate, chopped
Optional: 1 tsp butter
200g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
100g melted butter
pinch of salt
250g icing sugar
30g cocoa powder
500g desiccated coconut, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180C
- For the cranberry syrup, place Ocean Spray Cranberry juice and sugar into a pot over medium heat. Stir until mixture is reduced by half.
- For the cranberry ganache, add cream to cranberry syrup mixture, and bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat and pour mixture over the chocolate in a mixing bowl. Stir continuously until mixture is silky and smooth (Tip: For a glossy ganache, add a teaspoon of butter to mixture).
- To create the sponge, add the eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Add butter and salt and continue to beat until fully mixed.
- Pour mixture into lined cake tin and place into 180°C oven for 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Turn sponge onto cake rack and allow to cool.
- For the chocolate icing, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a heat-proof bowl. Add in milk and butter and stir to combine.
- Microwave the mixture for 15 seconds and stir again. Repeat step 11 until mixture is smooth and completely combined.
- To create the lamingtons, cut the sponge into the desired shape (usually cubes), then slice in half lengthways. Layer the ganache onto one side of the sponge then place other piece of sponge on top to create a sandwich.
- Dip sandwiched sponge into chocolate icing mixture and coat completely. Roll each lamington in desiccated coconut and decorate as desired.