Hot New Beauty Trend Alert: Ombre Eyebrows
Forget the ombré or sombre hair trends as recently favoured by A-list celebs – ombré eyebrows are so hot right now. It’s the newest trend in precision perfect eyebrows, creating a subtle yet full and lush effect – perfect for standing out in the crowd during the festive party season!
RELATED: How To Get Supermodel Eyebrows
Now, SHESAID readers, you can try the trend too, thanks to the talented brow technicians from Anastasia Beverly Hills.
Here, (see below) the eyebrow artists have shared their top tips to create an ombré look using their Brow Kit, $99, (pictured) available in an array of colours at beauty e-tailer Lulu and Lipstick via www.luluandlipstick.com.
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Kit contains five essential products to achieve perfectly arched and sculpted brows: precision tweezers, brow powder duo, brow stencils, mini duo brush and clear brow gel.
Ombre Eyebrows 101
- Measure from the inside crease of the nose up and make a slight mark. When holding your Anastasia stencil make sure the brow is inside your shape. Hold firmly to avoid smudging. Apply the darker side of the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo 1cm into the brow with strong strokes, following down to the tail on the bottom row of the brow.
- Blend the lighter and darker side of your Anastasia Duo Powder back to the beginning of the brow where you have made your original measurement. Blend through to the top of the brow to join into the stronger tone to fill your arch and the tail.
- For an accentuated and defined look, use the Anastasia Brow Wiz to fill any gaps or holes. This slim pencil creates precise lines for a strong and elegant finish.
- Apply one coat of the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, using upward strokes to lift the Brow hairs to widen and neaten the brow. Blend your Anastasia Brow Powder Duo for a perfect ombré finish. The Brow Gel is also available in tinted tones for touch-ups and a more dense finish.
- For lift and an elegant profile, apply Anastasia Duality Highlighter – this will define the finish of your perfect brow and gives a 3D affect.
Next, lightly apply the matte end of your Duality Highlighter, aligning around the brow for coverage and a clean, defined finish. Finally, apply the shimmer end of your highlighter above the eye and follow the tail to lift the brow and open the eye.
- Lastly, apply a second coat of the Clear Brow Gel to set, blend and finish your beautiful ombré brow finish.
Main image via chloegormanbeauty.blogspot.com, secondary image via www.dermstore.com and final image via rodeo.net.
Nicole is a Queensland-based writer and bona fide word nerd whose first love (apart from heels) is feature writing. Follow Nicole on Twitter.