How To Get Fab Abs Fast
So, to get killer abs you don’t have to do 200 ab crunches a day? That’s music to our ears! Personal trainer and sports nutritionist Sasha Moon explains that you can get that gorgeous tummy in a matter of weeks by focusing on a balanced diet and moderate exercise. Here are her tips to get fab abs fast.
1. Getting a gorgeous tummy is not about torturing yourself with 200 ab crunches a day! It all starts with a balanced diet that is packed with quality carbs, protein and a small amounts of good fats. Set aside 30 minutes a day to jog, swim or play a game of tennis every day to help trim the waistline.
2. Fat loss and increasing lean muscle is the key to creating a gorgeous tummy. Limit foods that tend to store fat and are high in calories like dairy, fatty cuts of meat and fruit juices.
3. Eat 5 small meals a day to help regulate your blood glucose levels and therefore prevent you from over-eating and stuffing up your health regime. The key to healthy eating is to plan, plan and plan ahead.
4. Healthy snacks (mid morning and afternoon) like nuts and raisins, fruit and even snack replacement shakes are fabulous options to constantly fuel your body and give you energy to look and feel fantastic.
5. If you’re spending more than 45 mins in the gym, stop! Keep your workouts short but high intensity for maximum efficiency.
6. Avoid working out the same muscle group within 3 days of each other. Muscle growth is experienced during your recovery, not during your training session.
7. Understand there are different protein supplements to support your recovery. If you want your muscles to be in a constant state of anabolism, consume a rapidly-absorbing protein straight after a training session and a slow-releasing protein right before you go to bed. Ultimate Sports Nutrition has a range of protein supplements that may help.
This video shows you how to do the ultimate ab workout – and it takes less than 10 minutes to do!
Which ab exercises work for you?