From movie premieres to red carpet events celebrities are always trying to look their best, and in this day and age many of us look to them for fashion and beauty ‘Do’s and Don’ts’. Often they get it right, but more than often, they get it wrong, especially when it is a fake tan. Here are some handy tips from online beauty store RY.com.au to ensure your at home tan will leave you looking like a goddess.
Light Tan-tone: Fairer skins should use a gradual tanner or mix a self-tan with their daily moisturiser so they can gradually build-up to a sun-kissed glow. Tanning product: Decleor System Corps Moisturising Gradual Glow Body Milk 250ml (Regular Price: $55.00 – RY’s Price: $44.00).
Medium Tan-tone: If you tan easily, go for a mousse, liquid, spray or gel based products; these give a good colour without going too dark for your skin tone. Tanning product: St Tropez Bronzing Spray 200ml (RY’s price: $42.08) or Clarins self-tanning instant gel 125ml (Regular Price: $42.00 – RY’s price: $36.11).
Dark Tan-tone: Lotions offer the darkest finish so will suit darker skin tones the best. They are also the most hydrating formulas and will last up to 7 days. Tanning product: Model Co Tan Mousse 100ml (Regular Price: $22.00 – RY’s price: $19.80).
The golden rules:
– Wax 48 hours before and shave 24 hours before tanning
– Exfoliate 24 hours before tanning to remove any dead skin; you want to tan fresh skin
– Before tanning: moisturise your hands, feet, elbows, knees and any dry areas on the body, this stops the tan building up in the patches of dry skin
– Moisturise daily using a thick moisturiser; this will prolong your tan
– Always start from the face and work down the body leaving hands and feet till last
– If using a spray: Cover your feet with a towel whilst spraying the upper body to avoid any fall-down onto your feet which will over tan them leaving them darker than the rest of your body
– Avoid an un-even tan by holding the can a few inches from your body – if you spray too close it can cause the solution to run or appear blotchy!