Throw your friend a classy but cool Hen’s Party she will love and be the best bridesmaid ever!
Peter Suttle has attended hundreds of parties including Hen’s Nights
over the years in his role as a Butler for Butlers in the Buff. Having
worked as a Butler himself in the UK before purchasing the company’s
first ever franchise in Australia, Peter has some great tips to plan the
perfect Hen’s Night.
Here are his top Hen’s Night party tips:
1. Don’t humiliate the Hen. Make sure that what you do for her is within
her comfort level and make sure you spoil her throughout the night.
2. Add a little cheek to the evening, whether that be having Buff
waiters serving food and drinks or through accessories that the Hen and
guests can wear during the party.
3. Ensure there is plenty of food to go around during the course of the
4. If you’re moving between venues make sure transport is organised and
5. Provide a little memento for each guest at the end of the night to
remind them of the Hens night. It’s also always a nice idea to have a
theme as well, for example all wear the colour pink for the evening so
you stand out from the crowd at a public venue.
6. Remind the Hen that it’s her last night of freedom so make sure she
has fun (within reason of course).
7. Know the name of the Groom but don’t call him or his groomsmen during
8. Remember not everyone will be in the same spirit as the Hen so try
and have activities and games on standby that everyone will enjoy.
9. If you’re all heading to a club or bar ensure that they know a big
group is arriving so you can avoid lining up.
10. Not everyone will know each other so get the girls to mingle. Party
games are a great way to break the ice or asking how each person knows
the Hen can get people talking.
11. Be prepared to join in or host the games such as being the
quizmaster for “Mr and Mrs”.
12. If the party is at home keep the room organised – clear empty
glasses and plates and keep the kitchen and drinks area organised and
For more information on Butlers in the Buff visit
www.butlersinthebuff.com.au or phone 02 80784633