Indulge your shopping addiction in Melbourne!
It’s no secret that Melbourne CBD is a sought after shopping destination where behind the wide city avenues lined with Australian and European
fashion houses lies an intricate web of laneways, arcades and secret nooks brimming with boutiques, innovative designers, elegant crafters and clever
Beyond the CBD are the shopping strips: the upmarket, the eclectic and the chic such as: Chapel Street, Brunswick Street, Acland Street and Bridge Road. Expect the unexpected – veer to your left or right and discover an unassuming thoroughfare with hole-in-the wall edgy shopfronts, milliners, cutting edge fashion houses, bric-a-brac stores and retro garb, all
punctuated by the signatures of Melbourne – cafes and cool bars.
This spring if you book a Melbourne shopping package you’ll receive a stylish black (of course) shopping bag containing over $300 worth of
designer retail offers from the likes of: Jacqui Fernandes, Victoria Station, Henry Buck, Paris Kyne and The Milliner. You’ll also receive
vouchers for special offers at the new Victorian Wine Precinct’s ‘The Cellar’ and ‘The Wine Bar’ as well as the new restaurant Fed (at Federation
Square) and the very delicious Bistro 1 tucked away in Little Collins Street.
Once you’ve filled your shopping bag with goodies, you could don your new ensemble at one of Melbourne’s theatre performances, checkout Federation Square – the new heart of the city or conduct your own laneway tour of Melbourne’s hip bars and cafes. Or for fine food and wine and fresh sea breezes take a short one-hour drive to one of Melbourne’s seaside playgrounds – the Mornington and Bellarine Peninsulas.
Other events in Melbourne this spring include:
* We Will Rock You – the electrifying musical by Queen and Ben Elton
* Mercedes Fashion Week (9-13 Nov trade event)
* Melbourne International Arts Festival (9-24 October)- with a theme of ‘body’ for 2003, it has everything from free cheerleading classes to the divine chorus of ‘Young at Heart’
* seven Rugby World Cup 2003 matches plus all the festivities
* The equestrian extravaganza ‘Equitana Asia Pacific'(15-23 November)
Travel packages including return economy airfare, two nights accommodation,
the Melbourne shopping bag and retail offers, starting from a mere $284*
ex: Sydney and Adelaide and $401* ex: Brisbane. (For travel 1 September to
30 November, offer ends 28 November 2003.)
To book a Melbourne spring shopping package contact Qantas Holidays on 13 14 15. For your free Melbourne information kit call 132 842 or for further information go to visitvictoria.com/spring
* Add 1% for amounts paid by credit or charge card. Conditions and seasonal surcharges apply – higher prices, minimum stays and conditions may vary during but not limited to AFL Grand Final, Spring Racing Carnival and Rugby World Cup. Package prices are per person twin share including taxes and charges and subject to limited availability.