Jan Marini’s 10 winter skin tips!
In the cooler months our skin really suffers. Give yours the best care with these must-read tips from the experts.
A change of season is the perfect time to reassess your skin and wintry days will allow you more time to bone up on the latest technologies being used in skincare, so you can make better choices. Here are JAN MARINI’S tips for perfect winter skin.
1. HYDRATE – Add a hydrating serum, underneath your cream moisturiser for extra hydration & protection, or add a heavier cream to your hydrating serum. The Peptide Extreme is the latest anti-aging, rebuilding skin care product and it’s soooo hydrating! If you need more protection than that, add the Transformation Cream.
2. EXFOLIATE – Exfoliate regularly using Proteolytic Enzymes, such as Clean Zyme & Skin Zyme. Proteolytic enzymes digest dead protein, so they gently exfoliate your skin without harming the healthy cells. The Enzymes used in Clean Zyme & Skin Zyme come from unripened green papaya & as well as exfoliating your skin, are very hydrating. It’s a great combination! When you exfoliate gently, your moisturisers penetrate more effectively and your skin looks more vibrant.
3. INVEST IS TREATMENTS – Have more regular treatments like microdermabrasion or glycolic peels at your favourite clinic or salon. Make sure you have a professional skin assessment while you are there! Winter is also the best time of year to have laser/IPL and light rejuvenating treatments to address your skin’s condition, texture, colouration etc
4. PROTECT – Wear your sunscreen every day such as Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant. Don’t be fooled by dull, cloudy, and rainy days. UV rays are all around us and are constantly damaging our skin. Make sure your sunscreen also contains antioxidants to help combat the damage of free radicals caused by UV.
5. DRINK WATER – In winter, we tend to drink more warming teas and coffee, which are diuretic. Drinking more water will help to keep you better hydrated. You’ll look & feel better!
6. DON’T DRY OUT YOUR SKIN – Avoid using toners and astringents, which can be harsh and drying on the skin. If your cleanser washes clean, there is no need to use a toner.
7. RESURFACE – Incorporate into your skincare regime a resurfacing product such as Age Intervention Regeneration Mask to keep your follicles clear and your skin smooth and supple. Whatever you apply onto the skin after your resurfacing product will penetrate much better and therefore be more effective!
8. REPAIR – Make sure that the products that you use contain technologies that help rebuild the skin. There are plenty of products on the market that do nothing other than hold the moisture in the skin. If your products contain technologies that are medically validated, your moisturiser will do so much more! Winter is the perfect time to work on that pigmentation that developed over Summer. Add into your skincare regime some skin lightening agents to help even out your skin tone and make the skin more luminous, like Age Intervention Enlighten or Bioglycolic Lightening Gel and Lumin8.
By the time you’ve done all this, we’ll be heading into Summer again and your skin will be well prepared and looking great!