Kaffir Lime Prawns With Asian Herb Salad And Fresh Papaya
Chef Brad Jolly of Brisbane’s much-loved Alchemy Restaurant & Bar shares this recipe for fragrant prawn skewers served with a crunchy, Asian-inspired salad – perfect for midweek dinners or weekend entertaining.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
? 150g mixed lettuce
? ½ bunch mint
? ½ bunch coriander
? ½ bunch basil
? 2 whole red chilli
? 100g bean sprouts
? ½ red onion
? ½ papaya
1. Pick and wash all herbs with the mixed lettuce and allow draining.
2. Split chilli in half and remove seeds, finely slice chilli and red onion and add to salad along with the bean sprouts.
3. Peel and slice papaya into bite size pieces put aside.
Kaffir Lime Dressing
? ½ cup Vietnamese mint
? 4 whole kaffir lime leaves
? 2 whole red chillies
? 100ml peanut oil
? 100g sugar
? 125g lime juice
? 15g fish sauce
1. Wash Vietnamese mint.
2. Place mint, lime leaf, chilli and peanut oil in blender and process until smooth, add remaining ingredients to blender and continue to process for 1 minute. Then pass dressing through a fine sieve.
3. Reserve juice for salad dressing and solids for prawn marinade.
4. Dress salad and then add papaya.
? 24 whole green prawns
? 25ml peanut oil
? 8 bamboo skewers
1. Skewer prawns on bamboo skewers and marinate in oil and solids from kaffir lime dressing.
2. Grill over medium heat for approx 3 minutes each side until just cooked through.
3. Serve with Asian herb salad and fresh papaya.
Alchemy Restaurant & Bar chef and owner Brad Jolly has worked all around the world – including cooking for the Queen! He’s also worked with Jamie Oliver and Marco Pierre White. Situated on Brisbane’s famed Eagle Street boardwalk, Alchemy has been named one of Australia’s hippest restaurants. Visit alchemyrestaurant.com.au.