Lamb Shoulder With Chickpea Puree And Mint Bread Recipe
Lamb shoulder is one of the most economical cuts, however it’s also one of the most succulent and tender. Paired with a creamy chickpea puree and the fresh flavours of a mint, garlic and parsley bread sauce, this recipe takes your typical roast lamb to a whole new level!
For the lamb
1x lamb shoulder (including bone)
10ml olive oil
For the chickpea puree
1x tin cooked chickpeas
For the mint bread sauce
10g crustless sourdough
1/2 bunch of mint
1/2 clove of garlic
1/4 bunch of parsley
150ml olive oil
25ml chardonnay vinegar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
2. Lightly season the lamb with salt and pepper.
3. Place lamb in oven and cook for 4 hours, until meat is falling off the bone.
4. Drain the chickpeas and add to 250ml of cream. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes over very low heat.
5. Season chickpeas and blend until smooth.
6. Remove from oven and rest, keeping lamb warm.
7. For the minted bread sauce, soak the sourdough in bowl of milk for 5 minutes. Remove and squeeze out excess milk.
8. Add the soaked bread to the mint and parsley and place in a blender.
9. Add olive oil and garlic and blend until smooth. Do not add the chardonnay vinegar until serving.
10. On a large oval platter, spoon on the smooth chickpea puree and spread evenly across the plate.
11. Place the lamb on top of the puree and spoon the mint bread sauce generously over the top.
12. To add an extra element, oven-roast some tomatoes until the skin is just blistered.
Recipe Courtesy of Award-Winning Bistro, Le Pub