Lemon And Rosemary Lamb Kebabs
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 8 minutes. Serves: 4
600g lamb eye of shortloin/backstrap
3 red onions, cut into small wedges
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Juice and rind of 1 lemon
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
Capsicum, Roma tomatoes, red onions and mixed salad greens
Balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges
1. Cut the lamb into 2.5cm cubes. Thread the lamb and red onion wedges alternatively onto 8 skewers with 4-5 pieces of lamb on each skewer.
2. Combine the garlic, rind, lemon juice, rosemary and oil. Brush over the lamb kebabs. Marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the barbecue char-grill plate or pan to moderately-hot before adding the lamb kebabs. Let the lamb kebabs cook on one side until moisture appears before you turn. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
4. Remove the lamb kebabs from the heat and cover loosely with foil. Allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
5. Serve the lamb kebabs with salad vegetables including capsicum, Roma tomatoes, red onions, mixed salad greens, balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges.
What’s your favourite lamb dish?