Celebrity chef Luke Mangan shares a recipe for asparagus and crushed peas on toast – ideal to serve for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year! What will you be serving?
1 bunch of asparagus
1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
6 mint leaves, roughly chopped
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 slices wholegrain or rye bread
100g goats cheese
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Blanch the asparagus tips in boiling, salted water until tender. ?Drain and keep warm.
2. Cook the peas in boiling, salted water until tender and refresh in iced water, drain and transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the mint and olive oil to the peas and crush with a fork.
4. Toast the bread and spoon the mixture on top.
5. Crumble the goats cheese over the mixture and dress with the asparagus and a little extra virgin olive oil. Season lightly with sea salt and pepper to taste.?
Visit biggestmorningtea.com.au to register and get involved!