How To Make Your Own Oh-So-Pretty Bath Bombs
Bathe like the queen you are.
Whether you’re a DIY addict or just trying to watch your budget, these sweet, stunning bath bombs are the answer.
Most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry, and they can all be found in the supermarket for just a few dollars, so your stressed bod and your wallet will thank you.
What you need:
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup epsom salts
1 tsp water
2 tsp essential oil in any scent you like
3 tsp olive oil
Food coloring in any hue you like
How to make it:
1. Throw all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together with a fork or whisk to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.
3. Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture by putting in one spoon at a time and mixing before adding the next. To add some extra flair, you can try adding in dried flowers and rose petals at this step, or making a second set of mixture in a contrasting color and combining the two together for a multi-colored effect.
4. When the mixture is completely combined, press handfuls into molds – you can use large chocolate molds, small teacups or ramekins, depending on the size and shape you want the bombs to be, or alternatively purchase bath bomb molds at a craft store.
5. Leave in a cool, dry place for four to six hours to set, then bombs away!
Images and media via tumblr.com and youtube.com.
Comment: Got a DIY beauty recipe? Share it with us!