Make French Croissants From Scratch
If you think you can resist a homemade, French-style croissant, then you’re just lying to yourself!
Rather than buying a pack of six from the local supermarket, create them at home from scratch – did we mention it only takes 30 minutes once the dough is complete?
175g white flour
1 sachet yeast
38ml full cream milk
25ml double cream
1 tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
- Combine the flour and yeast into a cup of warm water and let it begin to froth in a warm place.
- Whisk the egg, milk, sugar, cream, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add the yeast mixture afterwards.
- Combine the cubed butter into the bowl and transfer to a flat surface. Knead until all of the ingredients have combined.
- Fold the dough in thirds, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, cut into quarters, then again into 2 triangles. Roll them into the shape of a croissant and place onto a tray with baking paper.
- Brush the croissants with an egg white and bake for 30 minutes at 180ºC (400ºF).
Image via Mama Liga