Makeup For Girls Who Wear Glasses
Coming up with makeup for glasses can often prove to be difficult – since glasses already draw so much attention to the eyes already! Whether you want to create a natural look for the daytime, or a dramatic evening look for a night out, below are some ideas which will complement your glasses – whatever shape they may be!
This look is perfect if you want to create an artificial glow, with a splash of colour on the cheeks, eyes and lips.
- Create a soft, matte base using liquid foundation a sturdy stippling brush. Then apply powder onto the t-zone, or any area of the face which is oily.
- Curl your lashes, and apply a glittery shade using a fat makeup brush onto the entire lid.
- Tight-line the eye using an angled eye brush and black gel liner. Don’t extend the flick too much, as this look is fairly casual.
- Apply a thin coat of mascara on your lashes, taking care to avoid any clumps.
- Now apply a tiny amount of blush on the apples of your cheeks, and a cute pink gloss on your lips.
Bronzed cat eye
A versatile look which can be worn out to dinner, drinks and everything in between. The cat-eye should be subtle and not extended too far, since it might be covered by the glasses.
- Apply an eyelid primer on your eyes if you’re prone to oily lids, or to make your eyeshadow last all day long. Then apply a dark shade over the outer corner and blend out well.
- Use a fat eyeshadow brush and apply a lighter colour over rest of the lid. Then, take a blending brush and smooth out all the lines into the crease.
- Draw a tiny cat-eye extending from the outer corner of the eye, then curl lashes and apply mascara as usual.
- Fill in your brows, and apply a highlighting shade over the brow bone to give some definition.
- Avoid using bright colours on your lids. The reason is that the glasses might actually block view of your eyelids throughout the day/night. Save the bright colours for your cheeks or lips. A lip gloss is a great alternative and is quick and easy to apply.
- Don’t be scared to use false lashes. They will make your eyes pop and extend your lashes to almost twice their original size. Use a fibre lash mascara if the thought of falsies still makes you uneasy.
Image via The Sartorialist