Makeup Trend: Feathery Brow Tutorial
Natural-looking brows is something that all women aim to achieve and the feathering technique is just one way to get the look at home.
So if you’re lacking a few stray hairs, or require a little more texture in your brows, follow our easy tutorial below to achieve natural-looking eyebrows.
1. Wash your face with a mild cleanser, then lock-in moisture with a hydrating cream. If your brows have the tendency to feel a little dry (especially in winter), run the cream lightly through your brows.
Coast to Coast Skin Illuminating Cleansing Water, $24.95
2. Use a thin brow pencil and place it on the side of your nose. This is where your brows should begin to curve outwards. Extend the same brush outwards onto the very corner of your eyes; this is where your brows should end (at the very tip). Keep the guide below in a handy place if you every need to remember these tips for the future.
3. Pomades are ideal for creating natural, wispy-looking brows and they come in a variety of colours. Use an angled brow brush, and lightly dip it into the pomade. Less is more, and you can always layer on the product if it’s too light for your brows.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, $26.70
4. Use short, fluid motions to feign the look of real brows. Start by filling in any gaps (this could be at the very tip of your brow) and work your way inwards making sure to use less product as you go.
Sigma e75 Angled Brow Pencil, $16
5. Carefully press the brush onto your skin and release so it won’t make a harsh mark on your skin. Brush through your brows to make them look more natural and don’t forget to set them with a clear brow gel. This will keep them in place all day and is also sweat-proof.
Essence Lash and Brow Gel, $4.10
Images via Kathleen Lights