Max Brenner’s Chocolate Souffles With Soft Marshmallow Filling
Have you ever seen anything so luscious? The king of chocolate Max Brenner shares a recipe for chocolate souffles stuffed with soft marshmallow ganache filling – totally decadent, who wants one now? Recipes from Chocolate: A Love Story
65 Chocolate Dessert Recipes from Max’s Private Collection.
1/2 cup heavy cream
210g whole marshmallows, plus 10 marshmallows, finely diced
225g white chocolate, roughly chopped
340g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
375g unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
8 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups plain flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
15 soufflé ramekins, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter
1. Make the ganache filling. In a small saucepan, cook the cream and the whole marshmallows until the marshmallows melt and the mixture comes to a simmer. Pour over the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Let it sit until the chocolate begins to soften, about 1 minute, and then stir until smooth.
2. Divide the ganache among fifteen 1 1/2-inch silicon moulds (1 inch deep), sprinkling with the diced marshmallow as you go. Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
3. Prepare the soufflés. Preheat the oven to 205°C. Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. Add the butter and sugar and stir until the mixture is smooth and warm. Remove from the heat and let cool. Whisk in the eggs one by one. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Whisk the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture until smooth. Divide among fifteen 6-centimeter paper baking cups, filling each three-fourths full.
5. Put one frozen marshmallow ganache piece in the middle of each baking cup. Bake until the soufflés rise and the insides are still molten, about 9 minutes. Serve immediately.