Meat Free Monday: Broccoli Frittata
These gluten-free broccoli frittatas make an ideal meal for one, or simply bake one large frittata for a healthy family dinner. Serve with a fresh tossed salad.
Preparation time: 15 minutes, cooking time: 5 minutes
Olive oil cooking spray
200g broccoli, trimmed and cut into small florets
2 green onions, (shallots) chopped
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
50g grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C and grease four muffin tins with cooking spray. Line the bases with some baking paper.
2. Steam, microwave or boil broccoli until tender; drain and cool slightly.
3. Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray and sauté onions over medium heat for two minutes.
4. Mix eggs, chilli flakes and grated cheese together. Stir through onions and cooled broccoli.
5. Spoon frittata mixture evenly between the muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes, or until set and golden on top.
6. Stand in the tin for five minutes before removing. Serve warm with a fresh tossed salad.
Tip: For a tasty twist, try using broccolini instead of broccoli.
What is your favourite meal for one?