Got some leftover pasta? Turn it into a delicious, vegetarian frittata that makes a delicious hot or cold lunch or dinner served with a salad on the side.
¼ Cup milk
¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
¼ bunch Flat leaf parsley (chopped)
Spray olive oil
½ Red capsicum (diced)
½ Green capsicum (diced)
1 head Broccoli (washed and cut into rosettes)
1 cup Wholegrain pasta (cooked and drained)
½ cup Reduced fat cheddar (grated)
1. Lightly spray a non stick fry pan with spray oil. Heat on top of the stove, add capsicum, broccoli and fry lightly.
2. Add pasta and stir occasionally until pasta is hot.
3. Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl, add parmesan cheese, parsley and season.
Pour egg mix onto the pasta and arrange in an even layer.
4. Cook over medium heat until almost cooked and still soft in the centre. Sprinkle with grated cheese and finish under the grill until brown.
5. Slide put of the pan onto a chopping board and cut into wedges. Serve with a tomato and fresh basil salad.
What’s your favourite dish using leftovers?