A quiche is a great way or packing in a few serves of veggies, and this crustless spinach and mushroom quiche makes a fantastic light lunch or dinner served with salad.
250g packed frozen spinach, thawed
200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
6 green spring onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
180g feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup light sour cream
baby rocket leaves, to serve
cherry tomatoes, to serve
1. Grease a 26cm round ovenproof quiche dish. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Squeeze out excess moisture from spinach. Heat oil in a large pan, add mushrooms, cook, stirring, over high heat until lightly browned. Add spring onions and spinach, cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3. Combine eggs and sour cream in a bowl, stir in feta, parsley and spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Pour mixture into prepared dish.
4. Cook, uncovered, for about 35 minutes or until set. Cool quiche slightly before cutting.
5. Serve quiche, warm or cold, cut into wedges. Serve with rocket and halved cherry tomatoes.
What’s your favourite vegetarian dish?