Instead of fatty cream sauces, choose avocado in your pasta recipes, which gives it a delicious creaminess and rich flavour without weighing you down.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 large or 2 small avocado, sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon prepared pesto sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
200g mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons salt reduced soy sauce
Whole or shredded basil leaves to garnish
Lemon wedges to serve
1. Place the avocados on a plate and drizzle with lemon juice.
2. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, and then cook the fettuccine.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil and stir-fry the onion for 1 minute over a medium-high heat.
4. Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue cooking, stirring for 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium and place a lid on the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in soy sauce and pepper. Toss the freshly cooked fettuccine with the pesto sauce, mushrooms, and the avocado slices.
6. Serve immediately with basil and lemon wedges.
What’s your favourite vegetarian pasta dish?