There are so many delicious vegetables coming into season so you can use your favourites. Saute gently with this delicate, light sauce and toss through pasta.
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bunch asparagus, sliced into 2cm pieces
1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
Handful pea shoots
Handful baby spinach
4 Tablespoons creme fraiche
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water.
2. Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and asparagus and saute for 2 minutes. Add the peas and cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water.
4. Add the pea shoot and baby spinach to the vegetables with a few drops of pasta cooking water and saute for 1 minute. Turn the heat to low, add the creme fraiche and lemon juice and zest and stir. Check for seasoning. Add the pasta and stir to combine. Mix in a little pasta cooking water if the sauce is too thick.
5. Divide onto 2 plates and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
What’s your favourite spring pasta dish?