Who doesn’t want to enjoy the taste of freshly baked potatoes minus the extra calories? Ever since sweet potatoes have become trendy again, there are a number of ways to enjoy this healthy vegetable for almost every meal!
This recipe involves less than 10 ingredients, 1 bowl, and just 30 minutes or less to prepare – who is ready?
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coriander, cinnamon, cumin, and paprika
1/4 cup hummus (or tahini)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon dried dill
3 gloves garlic
Water or unsweetened milk (whatever you have in the kitchen)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (or 200ºC), and line a tray with baking paper.
- Clean the potatoes, and cut lengthwise since this will make it so much easier for you to prepare.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then season with olive oil and spices before leaving to dry on a baking sheet.
- Season the sweet potatoes with a touch of olive oil before placing them on the same baking sheet.
- Leave the sweet potatoes and chickpeas to roast while you’re preparing the garlic sauce. Add all of the ingredients into a bowl, and whisk to combine them. Add a touch of dried dill if you want more of an intense flavour.
- If you have hummus or tahini, you may now add it into the rest of the mixture. If not, you can always make your own with our super-easy recipe.
- Remove the sweet potatoes and chickpeas when they gold and tender, then set aside so they can cool down.
- Serve with the potatoes flipped upwards, and top off with chickpeas, garlic sauce and delicious garnish.
Image and Recipe via Minimalist Baker