Mediterranean Chicken Pizza Recipe
We love homemade pizza, especially on a Friday night or weekend when you can have some fun experimenting with different toppings. This is one of our favourite pizza recipes and a great way to use chicken breasts. Make your own pizza dough or buy a ready-made pizza base (ask at your local pizzeria). We like to cook it on the BBQ but it works just as well in a hot oven.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsps McCormick Mediterranean Chicken Grill Mates seasoning
2 x 250g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed and sliced
2 x 30cm gourmet thin ready-made pizza bases
250g (1 cup) tomato pizza sauce
250g (2 cups) grated mozzarella cheese
1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
1 red onion, peeled, halved and sliced
½ cup fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven or BBQ with a hood to 200ºC (180ºC fan –forced).
2. Combine oil, McCormick Mediterranean Chicken Grill Mates seasoning and chicken fillets in a bowl and coat well.
3. Place pizza bases onto two greased pizza trays. Spread tomato sauce over the pizza bases then top with the mozzarella, chicken, capsicum, red onion.
4. Cook for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and base is golden and crispy.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve warm, cut into wedges.
Thin and crispy or deep dish? Anchovies or pineapple? We want to know – what’s your all-time favourite pizza?