If you’re looking for something tasty and fresh to whip up for dinner tonight, this minced beef lamb with roasted rice will hit the spot perfectly. Created by My Kitchen Rules grand finalists Jac and Shaz specifically for time-poor and budget-conscious mums, it’s a top choice to spice up the average mid-week dish and keep the family satisfied.
500g of lean minced beef
2 tbsp of roasted rice*, coarsely ground
1 small red onion, finely sliced
1 cup of mint leaves
1 cup of coriander leaves
1 long red chilli, sliced (optional)
2 lime leaves, very finely shredded
2 tbsp of lime juice
1 tbsp of fish sauce
2 tsp of sugar
Baby cos leaves, prawn crackers and lime wedges, to serve
*To roast rice, place in a dry frying pan over a moderately high heat. Stir until toasted and brown. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and beat until coarsely ground.
- Place a large wok or frying pan over a high heat.
- Cook half of the beef in a small amount of vegetable oil in for 3 minutes or until lightly coloured, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Repeat with the remaining beef. Tip into a large mixing bowl and allow cooling slightly.
- Add the ground rice and remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Place onto a platter and serve with cos leaves and lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Betteronbeef.com.au