Mini Lindt Chocolate Cupcakes
Lindt Chocolate Mini Cupcakes
These Excellence 50% Cocoa petite cupcakes are adorable! Make them for a birthday party, afternoon tea or for a chocolate treat. Recipe by Thomas Schnetzler, Lindt Master Chocolatier.
170g butter, unsalted
260g Lindt Excellence 50%
80g castor sugar
4 eggs, separated
114g plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cream of tartar
330g Lindt Excellence 50%
20 g cocoa powder
45ml milk or Frangelico
340g butter, unsalted at room temperature
1. Line muffin tray with paper cups.
2. Melt chocolate and butter by placing into a bowl sitting over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water as that might burn the chocolate.
3. Stir chocolate every once and a while then. set aside to cool once melted.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the sugar until light and pale.
5. Next, whisk the egg whites in an electric mixer until they form soft peaks. Add the cream of tartar which helps create a stiffer egg white and continue to whisk until stiff.
6. Gently mix the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg yolks and sugar mixture.
7. Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
8. Carefully fold in the egg whites and divide mixture into baking cups. Fill approximately 3/4 full. Best use a piping bag or an ice cream scoop to do this.
9. Place in the oven at 165°C and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
10. Take out and place on a cooling rack.
For the frosting
1. Melt the chocolate.*
2. Mix the cocoa powder with milk or Frangelico and make a smooth paste. Best add liquid little by little to avoid lumps.
3. Place butter in the bowl of your electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Whip up until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the cocoa powder mixture and the melted chocolate.
5. Whip again and scrape down sides.
6. Work with the frosting at room temperature.
Finishing the cupcakes
1. Place the frosting in a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe a large rosette on each cup cake.
2. Drizzle with some chocolate sauce and garnish with chocolate curls or other.
3. These are best enjoyed on the same day but can keep in an airtight container.