Miso Glazed Fish With Sesame Brown Rice Recipe
Miso paste (or fermented soybean paste) is a staple of the Japanese diet, made up of soybeans, salt and fungus though sometimes barley, rice or buckwheat may be added to alter the flavour. Miso is a great source of manganese, zinc and copper, essential mineral antioxidants and has been linked to reducing the risk of some types of stroke.
We’re all looking for quick and healthy dinner ideas because we’re working longer days and we don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen preparing meals, so try this dish that takes less than thirty minutes to prepare and is full of miso flavour and goodness.
3 tsp miso paste
3 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp orange juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp honey
4 white fish fillets
2 Lebanese cucumbers
1 ripe avocado
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 cups steamed brown rice
2 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Mix together miso paste, soy sauce, orange juice, garlic and honey in a large bowl then add fish and coat with mixture.
- Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a large baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Take the fish from the marinade and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the cucumber into ribbons and place in a bowl.
- Peel and de-seed avocado then cut into small cubes.
- Combine cucumber, avocado, rice vinegar and sesame oil then toss to combine.
- Divide the rice among four plates then top with avocado mixture.
- Place fish on top then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Image via taste.com.au