Moroccan Pistachio Meatballs
Give same-old meatballs an exotic twist using Moroccan flavours. Crunchy pistachios add texture and nutrients. We love to serve these meatballs with vegetable couscous (and they make great leftovers, too!)
Ingredients – serves 4
500g lean lamb mince
½ cup dry breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon cumin powder, ground
½ teaspoon coriander powder, ground
60g pistachio kernels, chopped
Cracked black pepper to taste
1 clove crushed garlic, extra
Pinch chilli powder
700ml tomato passata (puree, no added salt)
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Place the lamb mince, breadcrumbs, garlic, cumin, coriander,
pistachios and pepper in a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
2. Roll the mixture into walnut sized balls and place on a baking tray
lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. While the meatballs are chilling, heat a saucepan over medium heat.
Spray lightly with oil spray and add the extra garlic and chilli powder.
Cook, stirring for 1 minute then add the tomato passata. Simmer for
10 minutes and set aside.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and
cook for 5 minutes, turning regularly until golden and nearly cooked
through. Pour over the tomato sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
What are you cooking for dinner tonight?