Mother’s Day Eats: Asado Style Beef Ribs Recipe
Nothing says “I love you” more than going that extra mile, so in the lead up to Mother’s Day this Sunday, we’re providing you with some of the most delicious recipes to spoil hers truly with.
If you’re planning a barbecue lunch or dinner, this beef ribs recipe by Julian Wu will go down a treat. The meat is marinated in a fresh homemade chimichurri sauce, so bare in mind that you will need to do a little preparation the night before. We think mum’s worth the effort, though!
3 kg beef short ribs cut into 5cm lengths
Brine (6 tablespoons salt dissolved in 1 litre of water)
1 bunch flat leaved parsley, stems removed
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup olive oil
½ cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp chili flakes
- Firstly, the night before you cook prepare the chimichurri.
- Combine ingredients and puree them in a blender or food processor. This should make approximately 2 cups of chimicurri. Set aside 1 cup to serve with the cooked ribs, and use the remaining cut to marinate the ribs. Make sure they are well covered and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are about to cook, take the ribs out of the refrigerator and season them with black pepper – let them reach room temperature while you prepare the coals for the barbecue.
- When the coals are ready, place the ribs on the hottest part of the grill and sear them on one side until they are nicely browned. Turn and baste the ribs with the brine and grill until the other side is browned too.
- Move the ribs to a cooler part of the grill and continue to turn and baste the ribs frequently until they are done. This should take between and 16-20 minutes.
- Serve the grilled ribs with the reserved chimichurri sauce, a green salad and a hearty red wine.
Recipe courtesy of Heat Beads