Nothing says “I love you” more than going that extra mile, so in the lead up to Mother’s Day this Sunday, we’re providing you with some of the most delicious recipes to spoil hers truly with.
Any recipe that combines chorizo and feta is sure to be a taste sensation. So why not create the perfect brunch or late breakfast for Mum with this protein packed egg omelette? Serve with with sourdough toast and fresh juice for the ultimate dish.
1 tbsp oil
1 small onion, sliced
1 chorizo sausage, diced
150 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
100g Persian feta, crumbled
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
1/2 lemon, juice
- Preheat your grill, so it’s nice and hot.
- Heat the oil in a 20cm non-stick fry pan. Add the onion, fry gently for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add cubed chorizo (the chorizo will sizzle, releasing spices and oils).
- Add the tomatoes and basil, cook for another 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Mix the eggs together with a fork, season.
- Return the pan to the heat, when hot, pour in the beaten egg. Swirl the egg mix with the fork for 30 seconds, then scatter in the chorizo mix along with the cheese and parsley.
- Place the pan under the grill, until the omelette is golden brown.
- To serve, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and squeeze of lemon.
Recipe via Eggs Australia
Paige is a writer and actress who looks great in hats, loves Game Of Thrones and is always up-to-date on the latest and greatest news. Follow Paige on Twitter.