Mother’s Day Eats: Grilled Figs And Honey Ice-Cream Recipe
Nothing says “I love you” more than going that extra mile, so in the lead up to Mother’s Day this Sunday, we’re providing you with some of the most delicious recipes to spoil hers truly with.
This grilled figs with honey ice-cream recipe – created by award-winning chef Guillaume Brahimi – is the perfect Autumn dessert to follow any Mother’s Day lunch or dinner. With a mixture of hot and cold components including a creamy homemade macadamia ice-cream (drool), it’s sure to be a winner among sweet tooth’s and mum’s alike.
6 figs (cut in half)
75 gm sugar
75 gm macadamia nuts
Honey ice cream
250 gm egg yolks
500 ml cream
500 ml milk
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees. Place macadamia nuts in a baking tray, when nuts are golden remove from oven.
- Place the sugar in wok pan on medium heat. When the sugar starts to caramelise, add the nuts. Coat the nuts, then remove and place in a lined tray to cool. When cold, cut the nuts into pieces.
- Place milk, cream and honey into a pot. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Place yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk to thick sabayon. Pour the sabayon into the milk and cream, cook for 1 minute remove and chill.
- Churn ice-cream.
- Place grill pan on heat, add a little butter and figs flesh side down cook for 2 minutes and remove.
- To serve, place figs on plate and finish with honey ice-cream and praline.
Recipe courtesy of Tefal