So simple, it’s criminal.
When I have friends over for dinner I’m always in a fluster. I’m thinking about so many things my mind is spinning faster than a mixmaster on full speed.
Granted, I stress more than necessary, but it’s only because I want things to be perfect. Will the wine be chilled in time? Is the roast going to dry out? Is my flaky friend going to pull out at the last minute, or worse, bring along her boring boyfriend and mess up my seating plan?
Situation sound familiar? The best way to reduce stress levels at the next dinner party is via taking a step back and simplifying things, starting with the menu. This simple peach dessert is a fab addition since it’s absolutely delicious, uncomplicated, foolproof and will certainly be enjoyed by everyone at the table. Just try stopping at one, you won’t be satisfied until they’re all gone…
- 4 yellow peaches
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1/2 cup of pistachios
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1/2 cup of double cream
- 1/4 cup of vanilla bean crème anglaise
- Place the caster sugar in a frypan and place on a medium heat. Once the sugar darkens to a caramel shade, add the pistachios and stir together. After all the pistachios are coated in sugar, remove them from the pan and place on baking paper.
- After the pistachios have cooled, chop and set aside.
- Place the double cream in a separate metal bowl and fold through the crème anglaise. Once thickened, place the mixture in the fridge.
- Place a grill pan on the stove to heat up. Meanwhile, cut the peaches in half and remove the stones.
- When your grill pan has reached a medium heat, place the peach halves face down and grill for two minutes. Rotate each peach at a 90 degree angle and grill for another two minutes to create a criss-cross pattern on the flesh. Turn over and leave for another two minutes before removing from the heat.
- To serve, quenelle the cream mixture across the peaches and sprinkle the pistachios and raspberries on top. Best served while the peaches are still warm.