Do you or someone you know have extremely discoloured underarms? This is most prominent in women (and men) with a darker skin tone, and can often prove difficult to deal with – especially during the summer months. Here is a homemade scrub you can use to eliminate any discolouration from your underarms.
1/2 cup cucumber juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon tumeric powder
- Combine the mixture, then apply a think layer onto skin for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, then repeat this step again until you’ve reach your desired results.
- Avoid using deodorants which are packed with fragrances, since these chemicals could be causing more harm than good. For a more natural deodorant, use baby powder which won’t discolour or discomfort your skin in anyway.
- Sometimes even shaving can cause irritation to the sensitive skin under your arms. Try other hair removal techniques such as waxing or laser treatments.
- Exfoliate the dead skin cells under your arms. This will leave your underarms looking and feeling their best – especially if you want to apply fake tan.
- Try dry body brushing at least once. All you need to do is apply a dry loofah on your skin in small, circular motions. Not only will it remove dead skin cells, but also improve your circulation.
Image via Stock Photo