Keep your hair frizz-free this summer in one of the easiest hairstyles to master, the top knot. Actress Nina Dobrev was recently spotted rocking a top knot on the red carpet, and we were so inspired to try a tutorial of our own!
The is the ultimate summer hairstyle which is so flattering on all hair types, and takes just 5 minutes to complete.
1. To keep your hair from falling out of the bun, using a volumising mousse while it’s still damp. It will also make the rest of the bun look quick and full!
Apply to damp hair (avoiding the scalp), and leave to dry naturally or use a hair drier on a cool setting so it doesn’t harm the hair follicle.
Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Body Booster Mousse, $15.99
2. Pull your hair into a high ponytail, then secure tightly with a hair elastic. You might need to use 2 if your hair is super-thick and textured.
Scunci No Damage Hair Elastic (18 Pack), $8.99
3. Take small sections from the ponytail, and use a flat iron to give them some extra shape. This is ideal for creating extra volume for thin hair!
VS Sassoon Str8 Up Straightener, $44.89
4. Once you’re done with the flat iron, comb out your curls then twist your hair around in a bun. To create the illusion of extra hair, take small sections and pin them under the elastic.
Lady Jane Comb, $6.89
5. Keep everything together using a medium-strength hair spray. Tease out any additional parts of your bun to make your hair look thick and healthy!
Hair Nutrition Dry Shampoo, $6.00
Images via Starity