I’ve been craving chocolate cheesecake lately and this no bake recipe is perfect for the warm weekend. Just leave to set in the fridge and you’ve got a creamy, indulgent cheesecake.
210g chocolate biscuits (you can also use oat biscuits or digestives), crushed
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
¼ cup butter, melted
450g cream cheese at room temperature
100g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
280g chocolate (between 50-72% cocoa)
235ml whipping cream
1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together biscuit crumbs, cocoa powder and butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a springform pan. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 1 minute until smooth. Add icing sugar and beat again. Add vanilla extract and mix again.
3. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Let cool slightly. With your mixer on slow speed, add the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture, pouring slowly.
4. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in gently to chocolate and cheese mixture.
5. Pour the filling over the crust. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. When the cheesecake is set, run a sharp knife around the edge to loosen from the pan. Gently open the latch and release the cheesecake.
Chocolate? Ricotta? What’s your favourite cheesecake?