Nutella Dessert Rolls Recipe
Looking for a mid-week cheat meal to get you through another tough day at work? Your prays have certainly been answered if you love a bit of chocolate spread (who doesn’t), with this delicious Nutella roll recipe.
If you’re not the biggest fan of Nutella, you can always substitute it for jam and enjoy with a lovely cup of tea!
Makes 7-8 slices
For the sponge cake:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp vanilla essence
For the filling:
2-3 tbsp Nutella spread
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF) and cover a tray with baking paper or just a bit of Canola oil over the base.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar, and honey then mix well until the batter is of a smooth consistency.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites at a room temperature then add 2 drops of lemon juice for extra flavour (optional). You should keep whisking the mixture until it is foamy and white in texture.
- Combine both of the mixtures together, then sift in the flour and lastly add the vanilla extract.
- Empty the mixture out onto the tray, and even it out. Bake for just 6 minutes and don’t let it burn!
- Remove from the oven, and transfer to a rack so it can quickly cool down. Sprinkle some sugar over it, then cover with cling-wrap and let it cool down completely.
- Once it’s cooled down, roll the cake and dust with some icing sugar (or more Nutella) before serving. Yum!
Image and Recipe via All Food Recipes, I Heart Cakes