Online Or In-store – How Do You Prefer To Shop?
Nowadays shopping online seems to be the way to go. We’re all working longer hours, making it harder for us to get to the shops for some much needed retail therapy. So what are the pros and cons of shopping at the stores and online? Take a look…
- When you shop online you obviously can’t feel it, try it on, or see the real colour and this can sometimes be frustrating. Unfortunately, clothing sizes aren’t the same across the board so even if you order a particular size there’s a possibility that it won’t fit and you’ll need to return the item. When you shop in store you can see for yourself exactly what you’re buying.
- Most online stores charge delivery fees so you’re paying more for your item than if you were to purchase it in person from a shop. If you need to return an item you normally have to post it back too, which will cost you more money.
- When you can’t find what you’re looking for there’s always someone to help out in a store, whereas if you’re shopping online you could be scrolling through the internet for hours until you find what you’re looking for.
- Some online stores have incredible sales with huge discounts that sometimes can’t be found in the stores and their stock is normally much larger than in the store. Basically, you’re spoilt for choice online.
- If the store and online shop have a sale then shopping online saves you the trouble of fighting through the crowds and you don’t have to worry about finding a park.
- One of the things I hate the most about shopping at the mall is the number of times I get stopped by marketers or salespeople who sit in the middle of the mall, trying to catch everyone’s eye. I go to the mall because I want to look around at my own leisure in peace and when I get stopped every few minutes to ‘try this new product’ or ‘scratch this card for a free gift’, I get annoyed. Shopping online avoids all of these frustrating hold ups.
- Online stores are never closed, so even if you’ve finished work late and you desperately need to buy a gift for that birthday coming up you don’t have to worry about the shop closing. You can shop online all hours of the day and night.
- When you shop online you can read reviews of the item before you make the purchase so you’ll have peace of mind that you’re buying exactly what you want.
Image via mixtureofmarket.com