Organic Raw Chocolate Balls
Organic raw chocolate balls, made with organic raw cocoa, are a high source of magnesium, chromium antioxidants and serotonin which together, not only help lower cholesterol but lead to a healthier functioning heart, a clearer and more focused mind and a happier more blissful state of well-being. Raw cocoa is much more potent than
the processed chocolate and doesn’t have any added sugar or dairy products blocking the positive effects this super food has to offer!
Make a batch of these delights at home – even the kids can enjoy them without feeling guilty. Recipe from Eat Fit Food.
Makes approx. 20 balls.
1 Cup whole organic walnuts
¾ Cup whole organic almonds
2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
1 Tbsp organic honey
12 organic dates
¼ Cup organic raw cocoa powder
1. Blend the walnuts and almonds until small chunks – not a fine dust.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a pan on a very low heat until liquefied.
3. Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until all mixed together – approximately 1 minute.
4. Depending on what size you want the balls take out a small amount of mixture and roll into a ball – continue until all mixture is rolled.
5. Place on greaseproof paper in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours and let set.
You can roll the balls in desiccated coconut to give a nice finish if you wish.
What’s your favourite healthy treat?