Oscar Nominees to Receive $89,000 Gift Bags!
With the Oscars just a few days away, we’ve all got our favourites of who we want to win. But don’t feel too bad for the nominees that don’t win – they’ll be taking home gift bags filled with $US80,000 ($88,840) worth of gifts. L.A.-based marketing company Distinctive Assets is in charge of the ‘Everyone Wins At The Oscars Nominee Gift Bag’ – so what’s in the bag?
- All-expense luxury holidays worth $30,000
- Swanky leather iPhone cases worth $255
- Charity donation of pet food valued at $11,000
- $280 worth of organic maple products plus adoption of a live maple tree
Sounds like some amazing Oscar swag, doesn’t it? But there are also some really weird gifts, including:
- Hair transplant procedure worth $17,000
- His ‘n’ hers mace guns worth $133
- O-Shot, a $3,000 procedure that increases female libido
- Supply of Hydroxycut’s weight-loss gummies, shakes and protein bars
“Even Hollywood’s most acclaimed stars are disappointed over this particular loss, and when our consolation gift shows up the next day we like to think it is a welcome distraction,” says Distinctive Assets’ founder Lash Fary.